Thursday, 26 November 2009
In the spotlight: Myrrh & Frankincense Balm
Our Myrrh & Frankincense Balm was one of the first products we made & is practically our mascot!
It has a strong following of devoted fans, including a cow who used it to help her problem skin!
This is one of our favourite balms, power charged with amazing tree goodness, its one to have handy! Its motto: "I'm ready for anything!"
Frankincense & Myrrh have been revered since ancient times as powerful healers, encouraging purification & regeneration of the skin.
Myrrh is a potent skin purifier, with antiseptic & astringent properties.
Frankincense energises & soothes the skin, causing healthy new cell growth.
This super rich balm can be used for a whole host of things ... the following are a few ideas but if you have any others, let us know!
1) Intensive Face Treatment: If you have very dry, damaged or mature skin this works brilliantly as an intensive moisturiser to rejuvenate, heal & purify your skin. Try it as a super charged night cream!
2) Aromatic Chest Rub: Frankincense is renowned for calming & clearing the respiratory system, whilst myrrh is a fantastic decongestant.
3) First Aid Balm: Apply to fungal infections, scars, scabs, marked, irritated skin & rashes.
4) Winter Hand Balm: A gorgeously rich balm for protecting cold hands!
5) Heel Softener: Banish hard, dry skin on your feet with this healing foot treat.
6) For Men: Makes a soothing, exotic after-shave balm to keep skin smooth & soft.
Made with these pure tree based ingredients to nourish & protect your skin: Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Beeswax, Frankincense Resin, Myrrh Resin, Frankincense Essential Oil, Myrrh Essential Oil
Discover the powers of myrrh & frankincense, infused into our rich & luxurious balm here.
Posted by jennifer@akamuti at 18:24